Saturday, July 16, 2011

THE HARDEST JOB IN BASEBALL / WHAT A SHIT GO OF IT WE'RE HAVING

I've been saying for a while that the hardest job in baseball was being a Pittsburgh Pirates fan. It was true. The buck-o's have been atrocious for since before the internet was invented (lie), or at least before all the cool stuff came around like this. However today, the Pirates are in first place in the NL Central and that 'hardest job' saying needs a new ending.

About the Friars. This has been the worst 7 games I can remember in the last 15 years. This is coming from someone who knows the scores and then watches the full games anyway and I'm saying: How are we expect to watch this shit? I keep the faith, don't get me wrong, but honestly I got other shit I could be doing besides this utter bukkake of hitting failures and stranded runners. And I love pitching. I could watching good pitching all day. But knowing that it's going to be in vain gives a dick-dipped-in-my-cereal. I turned off the game in frustration today in the 7th knowing I wouldn't regret it, and I didn't.

So here it is: The hardest job in baseball is being a Padres starting pitcher.

You said it, Clay.

Because if you're a SDP starter, what's the point? It's the hardest job in baseball because somehow they continue to find the motivation to actually try, and that can't be easy when the know what's going to happen. They could throw underhand slow-pitch-softball-style and give up a baker's dozen runs an inning, don't make no never mind because a functional Major League Baseball team's hitters should be expected to score more than five runs in SIX games. Five, six. Out of 12 games this month, the Padres have scored two or fewer runs in 9 of those games. Alberto Gonzales is our best clutch hitter.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss Hawp. I miss mopey Adrian, and d-bag Garland. I miss laughter and fun and ginger snaps in the summer's eve whilst the blue birds sing. O what sorrow observing thine team sucking big fat freggin Tijuana donky D at hitting the baseball bringith upon one's soul.

Whatever happens with the rest of this SF series let's just play the Marlins and rip em up for a bajillion runs. Cool? cool. Go Padres, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment